Apple Cranberry Bake
Even folks who claim not to like cranberries rave about this dish. I cherish the recipe from my mother, who inspired my love of cooking.
Debbie Daly, Florence, Kentucky
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups chopped tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in the apples and
- cranberries. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In another
- bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter
- until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 244 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.