This pretty pink sauce is a nice change from typical cranberry relish. Apple pie filling and canned pears add just the right amount of sweetness.Keri Lawson, Fullerton, California
12-14 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, cook cranberries and water over medium-high heat
- until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until
- mixture boils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 113 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.