Apple Cottage Cheese Salad
This refreshing salad is a welcome addition to any potluck or buffet. I always receive recipe requests and come home with an empty bowl...two great compliments for any cook!
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels, optional
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, apples, raisins and poppy seeds.
- Combine lemon juice and honey; add to apple mixture. Chill. Just
- before serving, stir in sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese) equals 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fruit; also, 128 calories, 323 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 19 gm carbohydrate, 10 gm protein, 4 gm fat.