Chopped apple, celery and green pepper add extra crunch to this crisp cabbage salad shared by Ann Main of Moorefield, Ontario. The lemony homemade dressing has plenty of celery seed and a hint of honey.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 unpeeled tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, apple, celery and green
- pepper. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over
- coleslaw; toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.