Apple Citrus Cider
Patricia Aurand of Findlay, Ohio shares her warm, comforting cider with a twist of pineapple and citrus that's just perfect for the season. And this tangy treat will warm hands of all sizes, big or small.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole allspice
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, pineapple juice
- concentrate, sugar and lemon slices. Place the cinnamon sticks,
- allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up
- corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10-15 minutes. Discard spice bag. Stir in lemon-lime soda; cook for
- 4-6 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 12
- servings (3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.