Apple-Cinnamon Snack Mix
This colorful and crunchy concoction with a sweet-spicy coating is great for parties or just snacking, says field editor Virginia Krites of Cridersville, Ohio.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups Apple Jacks cereal
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and chow mein noodles. In a
- small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt; stir in egg white.
- Pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for
- 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 418 calories, 31 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein.