- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Increase heat to
- For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl;
- cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Drop batter into 12 mounds onto
- hot broth.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes. Cover and bake 10
- minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes
- out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 721 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 220 mg cholesterol, 1,548 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer