Apple-Cherry Pork Chops
You'll never want pork chops any other way once you try this recipe from field editor Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina. Doris seasons the juicy chops with a fragrant herb rub and serves them with a scrumptious apple and cherry sauce.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1 small red apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with thyme and salt. In a large skillet, cook
- pork in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer
- reads 145°. Remove and let meat stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, combine the apple juice, apple,
- cherries and onion. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop equals 350 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium,