Apple Butter Pie
My grandmother gave me this recipe, and I, in turn, have shared it with dozens of friends. Grandmother made it often for me when I was a child since I never liked pumpkin pie.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine apple butter, egg, sugar, flour and milk; mix
- well. Pour into the pie shell; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at
- 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°; bake 35
- minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 292 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.