Apple Brie Quesadillas
“With onions, apples and cheese, these quesadillas are a surprising change from typical versions,” reports Heather Kahn Gisi of San Dimas, California. “They have sweet and savory flavors I just love. I cut them into quarters and serve them for brunch along with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit,” she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and quartered
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the onions, vinegar, sugar,
- thyme and rosemary in oil for 10 minutes or until onions are golden
- Spoon the mixture over half of each tortilla; top with apples and
- cheese. Fold over. Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 514 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer