The horseradish sauce adds interest to this beef sandwich, and the apple adds a great crunch. I don't have a panini press, so I use my countertop grill instead. — Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced deli roast beef
- Cooking spray
- Layer two bread slices with cheese, horseradish sauce, apple and
- beef. Top with remaining bread. Spritz outsides of sandwiches with
- cooking spray.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread
- is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 317 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 742 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.