Apple-Bacon Green Beans
A friend gave this recipe to me and raved about it. I had questioned the combination of ingredients, but I tried it and my family loves it.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, diced
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon
- is crisp. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer until the apple and beans are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.