Apple Almond Pilaf
"This pilaf is packed with a delightful mix of tastes and textures," reports Mary Patterson of Bethel, Connecticut. "It's great for a dinner party or just to treat your family."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 2 pitted dried plums, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 dried apple slices, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Melt butter in a nonstick saucepan. Add almonds; cook and stir over
- medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in plums, raisins and apple
- slices; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about
- 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 203 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.