Apple 'n' Carrot Slaw
"This crispy, colorful slaw is a true crowd-pleaser at any picnic or church gathering. The apples add color and a touch of sweetness," says Julia Livingston, Frostproof, Florida.
42 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large heads cabbage, shredded
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 6 medium red apples, finely chopped
- 3 cups Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- In a very large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and apples. In a
- large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 42 (3/4-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 68 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 vegetable.