Apple & Walnut Salad
Our recipe specialists impart sweet and tangy flavor to simple salad greens with a quick apple cider vinaigrette, cranberries and Gorgonzola cheese.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 5 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- CIDER VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or canola oil
- In a salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cider, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper;
- gradually whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 155 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium,