Apple & Blue Cheese on Endive
This elegant appetizer features a creamy blue cheese and apple spread inside crunchy endive leaves. You can use pears instead of apples or use the spread to top crackers.Katie Fleming, Edmonds, Washington
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large red apple, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and water; add apple and toss to
- coat. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine the apple, celery, blue cheese and mayonnaise; spoon 1
- tablespoonful onto each endive leaf. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield:
- 32 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.