We enjoy frittatas often at our house. They're a great way to use up leftover vegetables, cheese and meat. Enjoy this hearty recipe with fruit and biscuits for a light dinner. Lynne Van Wagenen-Salt Lake City, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, oregano and pepper;
- set aside. In a 10-in. oven-proof skillet, saute onion and garlic in
- butter for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Pour reserved egg mixture into skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and capers. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3
- minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,