Anytime Cucumber Slices
I received this recipe from a friend at church who would make a large batch for picnics and potlucks.Jeanne Bunders, Wauzeka, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 to 4 large cucumbers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers, onions and dill. In a saucepan, combine
- sugar, vinegar, water and salt; bring to a boil. Pour over cucumber
- mixture. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 84 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.