Angel Peach Melba
Store-bought angel food cake, canned peaches, frozen yogurt and raspberries combine to make a sweet, summery dessert in just minutes. This easy recipe from Janice Prytz in Murrieta, California is a keeper all year-round!
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 10 slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 2-1/2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside. Place cake
- slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Using a 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of each slice. Remove
- cutouts and set aside.
- Place cake slices in individual bowls; place a peach half, cut side
- up, in each hole. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and reserved
- cake cutouts. Drizzle with raspberry mixture. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.