Angel Food Trifle
“A creamy ricotta-vanilla ‘custard’ cuts calories and boosts calcium in this light take on an English classic.” Merwyn Garbini - Tucson, Arizona
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a blender, combine yogurt and ricotta cheese; cover and process
- until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and strawberries. Place half the
- cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass bowl. Layer with 1 cup berries and half
- the yogurt mixture. Top with remaining cake cubes, 3/4 cup berries
- and the remaining yogurt mixture. Garnish with remaining berries.
- Top with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 182 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a