And the Beets Go On
This is an appetizing side dish. Their ruby red color and tangy flavor make these beets an excellent choice for Valentine’s Day.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (13-1/4 ounces each) sliced beets, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan, combine the beets, cranberry sauce and orange
- juice concentrate. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 110 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.