Amaretto Cream Truffles
The velvety texture of the almond filling with the sensational chocolate coating make these truffles truly heavenly. I like to give them as gifts during the holidays.—Sherry Day, Pinckney, Michigan
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Place chocolates in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream
- just to a boil. Pour over chocolates; whisk until smooth. Stir in
- Amaretto and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring
- occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Shape chocolate mixture
- into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa mixture. Store in an airtight
- container in the refrigerator. Yield: 30 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 truffle equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.