Lemon juice adds a pleasant tardiness to the buttery sauce that Karen Zink of Grand Island, Nebraska serves over chicken. "My family loves this easy-to-make entree," she notes. "I often toss in more almonds for extra crunch."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter for
- 10-12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- Transfer to serving plate and keep warm. Add almonds and remaining
- butter to skillet; cook and stir just until almonds are lightly
- browned. Stir in lemon juice; heat through. Spoon over chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.