Almond Tea Cookies
These tender almond flavored cookies are ready in no time, and melt-in-your mouth delicious.
36 ServingsPrep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 12 min
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat shortening, milk and almond extract at
- medium speed until well blended. Beat in granulated sugar.
- Combine flour, almonds and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening
- mixture. Shape dough into balls using one level measuring tablespoon
- for each. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes (cookies will not brown). Remove to cooling
- rack. Roll slightly warm cookies in powdered sugar. Let cool
- completely. Roll cooled cookies again in powdered sugar. Yield: 3
Nutrition Facts:Nutrition Information: 1 cookie equals Calories 106, Total Fat 6.4g, Saturated Fat 1.4g, Cholesterol <1mg, Sodium 17mg, Total Carbohydrate 10.9g, Dietary Fiber 0.2g, Protein 1g,