Almond Strawberry Salad
“Everyone loves this pretty salad that's topped with strawberries and sliced almonds," Renae Rossow notes from Union, Kentucky. With just a few ingredients, it's loaded with flavor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced honey-roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. In a
- small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey and sugar. Drizzle over salad
- and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.