Almond Sole Fillets
"My husband is a real fish lover," reports Erna Farnham of Marengo, Illinois. "This buttery treatment is his favorite way to prepare sole, perch or halibut." It cooks quickly in the microwave, so it's perfect for a busy weekday.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and almonds. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until almonds are golden
- Place the fillets in a greased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- Top with almond mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper;
- drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and microwave on
- high for 4-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 279 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.