Almond Snack Cake
My oldest son was allergic to chocolate, so I had to find goodies to make without it. These treats filled the bill. In fact, my son is 47 now, so I’ve been making this recipe for a long time! With its great almond flavor, this snack cake is popular at bake sales.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating until combined. Stir in the
- butter, flour, salt and extract.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- almonds and remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on
- a wire rack. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 203 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.