- Punch dough down. Turn on a lightly floured surface; roll into an
- 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients
- until smooth. Spread over dough to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to
- seal. Place on a greased baking sheet, sealing ends to form a ring.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan
- to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and almond extract; whisk in
- confectioners' sugar until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 429 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.