A side of fragrant Almond Rice perfectly compliments most any dish. “When I serve this, I sprinkle the edges of a large serving platter with fresh parsley, add the Almond Rice and then top that with the scallops. It makes a pretty presentation.” Tonya Michelle Burkhard, - Davis, IL
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and butter to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until
- water is absorbed. Stir in the almonds, salt and pepper. Sprinkle
- with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.