Almond Rice Pilaf
Sharon Adamczyk of Wind Lake, Wisconsin writes, "With quick-cooking rice, this is a speedy side dish...but the almonds make it special enough to serve to company. It goes well with all kinds of meats."
6 ServingsPrep/Total: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and almonds in butter until onion is
- tender and almonds are lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-8
- minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 185 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.