Almond Pound Cake
I’m happy to share a third generation family recipe with you. This cake is rich and buttery and it has a lovely golden brown crust.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat just until combined.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for
- 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Serve with raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2
- cakes (12 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without raspberries and whipped cream) equals 289 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a