- Cut cake in half widthwise. Spread jam over one half; top with
- remaining half. Cut into assorted 1-1/2-in. shapes.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and cream of tartar.
- Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy
- thermometer reads 226°. Remove from the heat; cool at room
- temperature to 100°. Stir in extracts. Using a portable mixer,
- beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Tint glaze with food
- Gently dip petits fours, one at a time, into warm glaze. Remove with
- a fork; allow excess glaze to drip off. (If glaze becomes too thick,
- stir in 1 teaspoon hot water at a time to thin.) Place petits fours
- on wire racks over waxed paper; let dry completely. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 336 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.