Almond-Mushroom Wild Rice
The delightful combination of ingredients in this dish makes a perfect accompaniment for beef, poultry or pork. It's very flavorful and hearty.Shirley Goehring, Lodi, California
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Rinse and drain rice; place in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and
- bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed
- and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.