- flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately
- with sour cream mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine water and remaining lavender.
- Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding lavender. In
- another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough infused
- water to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Garnish
- with additional lavender if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 493 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.