Almond Crescent Cookies
To me, it isn't Christmas until my kitchen is filled with these almond cookies baking by the dozens. My husband, children and grandchildren all heartily agree!
60 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In a
- small bowl, combine the flour, almonds and salt; gradually add to
- the creamed mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into fourths. Roll out each portion into a long rope,
- about 1/4 in. diameter. Cut into 2-in. lengths. Place 2 in. apart on
- lightly greased baking sheets; form each into a crescent.
- Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon; roll
- warm cookies in sugar mixture. Place on wire racks to cool
- completely. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.