These breakfast rolls are yummy enough to be a dessert. They look extra-special with a drizzle of melted chocolate. —Roxanne OBrien, Lyndhurst, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Divide almond paste into eight portions; shape each into a small log.
- Set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Spread each with 1
- tablespoon chocolate mixture; set aside remaining mixture for
- drizzling. Place one portion almond paste at wide end of each
- triangle. Roll up and place point side down 2 in. apart on an
- ungreased baking sheet; curve ends to form a crescent.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with reserved chocolate
- mixture. Yield: 8 rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.