Almond Chicken Strips
Whether I serve these nutty chicken strips as an appetizer or entree, there are never leftovers.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Honey mustard, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry;
- gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken strips in oil for 5-7
- minutes or until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. Serve with
- honey mustard for dipping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 pieces) equals 432 calories, 27 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.