Almond & Mandarin Orange Salad
I got this delicious recipe from my salad-hunting sister. She's always coming up with a new recipe. This particular salad struck the whole family; it's become a standby for us all. —Anita Beachy, Bealeton, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 196 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.