- Stir in beer and bouillon granules to skillet, stirring to loosen
- browned bits from pan; pour over meat. In a large bowl, combine the
- remaining ingredients; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- tender. Discard bay leaf. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 352 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.