Al Fresco Watermelon Salad
This unique onion and watermelon salad makes appearances at many family gatherings in summer. The savory seasonings complement every bite of sweet melon.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, onion and basil. Drizzle
- with vinegar; toss gently. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up
- to 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 43 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.