"These delicious no-bake bars satisfy my craving for chocolate and are easier to whip up than brownies or cookies from scratch," writes Andrea Neilson of East Dundee, Illinois. Requiring just five ingredients, they're especially handy for a bake sale or after-school treat.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and
- shortening. Cover and microwave on high until chocolate is melted;
- stir until smooth. Stir in cereal until well coated.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine Milk Duds and water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until mixture is
- pourable; mix well. Stir into cereal mixture. Spread into a buttered
- 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until
- firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.