Acorn Squash Puree
“I created this recipe to have a healthy alternative to go along with our Thanksgiving meal. It's been a favorite that everyone loves.” Ann Hennessy - Burnsville, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Drain water from pan; turn
- squash cut side up. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until tender. Cool
- Carefully scoop out squash; add to food processor. Add the cream
- cheese, milk, butter, onion, chives and basil; cover and process
- until blended.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle
- with pecans. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 160 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium,