ABC Vegetable Soup
All you need for this down-home soup is a handful of ingredients, including fun alphabet pasta and convenient frozen veggies. It's ideal for chilly nights.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. in a large saucepan,
- combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain
- pasta; stir into soup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 72 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.