A Touch of Greek Dip
This pleasing dip gets its Greek-style flavor from the feta cheese and lemon peel. “Serve it with chips or raw vegetables when friends stop by, or try a spoonful on top of a baked potato.”Emily R. Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Pepper to taste
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese, feta cheese, oregano,
- lemon peel and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a
- small bowl. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 54 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 milk.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer