A.M. Rush Espresso Smoothie
Want an early morning pick-me-up that's good for you, too? Fruit and flaxseed give this sweet espresso a nutritious twist. —Aimee Wilson, Clovis, California
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 medium banana, cut up
- 1 to 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients; cover and process for 1-2
- minutes or until blended. Pour into a chilled glass; serve
- immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 148 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.