7 Vegetable Salad
Italian dressing jazzed up with basil and chives sparks the flavor of this eye-catching salad. The blanched veggies in this colorful combination retain their crispness quite nicely. Sara Lindler of Irmo, South Carolina
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned onion
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- In a saucepan, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add beans, peas,
- yellow squash, zucchini and onion. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with
- cold water and pat dry.
- Place vegetables in a bowl; add the remaining ingredients. Gently
- stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 47 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.