I like to help out in the kitchen whenever I can. This one-pan meal is great when entertaining because it can be prepared in a hurry and bakes in no time.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place onion and chicken
- breast; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Layer mushrooms
- and zucchini over chicken. Combine the garlic, tomatoes, basil and
- oregano; pour over vegetables.
- Cover tightly. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared without added salt and Parmesan) equals 3 lean meat, 2 vegetables; also, 212 calories, 331 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 30 gm protein, 4 gm fat.