2 a.m. Feeding Snack Bars
I assured my friend that she didn't have to wait to try one of these scrumptious brownies until she got up in the middle of the night to feed the baby! But the chocolaty treats are a perfect pick-me-up (anytime) for new parents short on sleep and energy. —Ame Andrews, Little Rock, Arkansas
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup each milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips and vanilla or white chips
- 3 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and
- salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and butter; add to the dry
- ingredients and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Immediately sprinkle with candy bar pieces. Cool on a
- wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.