10 Minute Tomato Soup
Ada Ryger, Beresford, South Dakota
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook tomatoes over medium heat; bring to a
- boil. Remove from heat; add remaining ingredients. Return to heat
- and cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and soup
- is heated through. Yield: 3-4 servings (1 quart).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 141 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.