Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 25 min
- 1 (13-1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 box (8 ounces) Zatarain's Jambalaya Rice Mix
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl, toss the Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage,
- the shrimp or chicken,and Creole seasoning. Set aside.
- Follow instructions for preparing Jambalaya Rice adding half the
- canned drained tomatoes. In a separate pan, brown the cut
- Johnsonville Andouille Sausage with olive oil, then add the seasoned
- shrimp or chicken and cook lightly.
- About ten minutes before the rice is done and while it is still firm,
- add the rest of the tomatoes,the Worcestershire, hot sauce and
- parsley. Partially cover and continue cooking.
- To serve, taste and adjust seasonings, adding a little additional
- Creole seasoning if you want it more spicy. Spoon into large bowls